System Demonstration: Call for Participation
The System Demonstrations and Exhibits program at ICAPS 2012 provides an opportunity for planning and scheduling researchers and practitioners to demonstrate their state-of-the-art implementations in action. This event allows the community to experience some of the latest contributions to the field, while broadening the reach of novel methods.
Researchers from all sub-areas of AI planning and scheduling are encouraged to submit proposals to demonstrate their systems. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their novelty, scientific or industrial contributions, relevance to the conference theme and to users, user-friendliness, and presentation. We encourage submissions demonstrating new and innovative techniques for planning and scheduling, as well as submissions from mature, commercial and/or deployed systems, and systems in development.
Recognition of the Demonstrations and Exhibits is anticipated by an award for the Best System Demonstration.
Potential exhibitors are invited to upload their applications at URL http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sysdemoicaps12 by April 20th 2012. The uploaded material should be a .zip archive containing the following items:
- An extended abstract of 2-4 pages in the AAAI format. This must include the title of the proposed demonstration, the list of authors and their affiliation(s), and an abstract of up to 250 words. It must describe the technical content of the demonstration, with the appropriate credits and references.
- A storyboard describing the proposed demonstration. The authors can choose one of the following three alternatives: a set of slides in the PPT or the PDF format, a PDF document of not more than six pages in the AAAI format, or a URL link to a video in the MPEG, QuickTime or Flash format. The storyboard will be the primary evaluation of the suitability and merit of the proposed demonstration.
- A description of any non-standard hardware/software requirement and/or logistic arrangements.
The extended abstracts of accepted demonstrations will be available to conference participants and will be archived on the conference web site.
In addition to the direct submission of demonstrations and exhibits, submissions made to the ICAPS technical paper tracks will have the option to indicate that the submission can be considered for suitability for the System Demonstrations and Exhibits. Accepted technical papers with this indication will be fast-tracked to the System Demonstrations and Exhibits, and their authors will not need to provide an extended abstract. Still, the authors will have to provide a storyboard and a description of their requirements (i.e., points 2 and 3).
- Submission deadline: April 20th, 2012
- Notification: May 7th, 2012
- Camera-Ready deadline: June 1st, 2012
- Simone Fratini - ESA-ESOC (Germany) simone.fratini (AT) esa.int
- Adi Botea - IBM Research (Ireland) adibotea (AT) ie.ibm.com